Terms Credit Check
Credit Check Privacy Statement.
Notice of disclosure of your credit information to a credit-reporting agency.
[Privacy Act 1988]
Saliani Group Pty Ltd may give information about you to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
To obtain a consumer credit report about you, and/or
To allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about you.
The information is limited to:
- Identity particulars – your name, sex, address [previous 2 addresses] date of birth, name of employer, drivers license number
- Your application for credit – the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount.
- The fact that [a credit provider] is a current credit provider to you.
- Loan repayments which are overdue by more than 60 days, and for which debt collection action has started.
- Advice that your loan repayments are no longer overdue in respect of any default that has been listed.
- Information that, in the opinion of Saliani Group Pty Ltd you have committed a serious credit infringement [that is, fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with your credit obligations].
- Dishonoured cheques – cheques drawn by you for $100 or more which have been dishonoured more than once.
- That credit provided to you by a credit provider has been paid or otherwise discharged.
This information may be given before, during or after the provision of credit to you.
STATEMENT BY APPLICANT FOR CREDIT
- Giving information to a Credit Reporting Agency (Section 18E(8)© Privacy Act 1988
- Saliani Group Pty Ltd has informed me that it may give certain personal information about me to a credit reporting agency.
- Access to Consumer Credit Information (Section 18K(1)(b) Pricacy Act 1988
- I agree that Saliani Group Pty Ltd may obtain a consumer credit report containing information about me from a credit reporting agency for the purpose of assessing my application for consumer credit.
- Exchange of Credit Worthiness information (Section 18N) Privacy Act 1988
I agree that Saliani Group Pty Ltd may exchange information with those credit providers named in this application or names in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- to assess an application by me for credit
- to notify other credit providers of a default by me
- to assess my credit worthiness
I understand that the information exchanged can include anything about my credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy.